Thursday, August 01, 2013

Why is everyone going to Hell?


"Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - The Bible

So, lets try to understand who will not go to heaven (and thus, going to hell):

Fornicators - so, a fornicator (I assume) is someone that has sex even when he's not trying to procreate, which is pretty much everybody.
Idolaters - pretty much every Catholic, Hindu, or pretty much every religion has it's own statues as idols so people can worship them.
Adulterers - I'm very amazed on the quantity of people that I learn that has betrayed their spouses and girlfriends/boyfriends. So I would think there are a lot of people in this category!
Effeminate - really? Have you ever seen me in recorded video? I look like a girl gesticulating. Should I go to hell?
Homosexuals - I've read that around 8% of the world population is gay.. that's a lot of people in Hell!
Thieves - well.. I could understand those. But at what level? If I steal an apple from a fruit stand will I spend eternity burning?
Covetous (Marked by extreme desire to acquire or possess) - ok, if someone here is not covetous put his hand in the air! Just so I know who are the liars, in case liars also go to hell :) And, by the way, that's what make capitalism work :P
Drunkards - Well... there goes the UK :D And to be fair.. most of the world.
Revilers (To use abusive language) - Really? How many do you reckon this one puts in hell? How many of you can really say that you don't use curse words?
Swindlers (To cheat or defraud of money or property.) - there goes the banks and people that cheat on taxes and stuff like that :)

Is it just me or this kind of "words of wisdom" we find in the Bible just sound like some rant someone was shouting and another person just happened to write it down, to joke about it later?

What do I know.. I'm going to hell. But for the looks of it, I will have a LOT of company :D

No comments: